Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Never Stop Learning!


I’m going to start this week’s post with one of my favorite quotes:

"Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow."  -Anthony J. D’Angelo

As business owners and professionals the ability to embrace learning is a key tool in our ability to grow our business and careers. I’ve always seen myself as a bit of the underdog in my industry. Many times I’ve been brushed off as the young and eager career girl. Applying for positions others have seen as above my age and experience. In some cases they may have been right but time and again I find that education has provided the foundation my age lacks. The ability to learn has provided more opportunity than I can count.

Education goes beyond college; especially for those of us running our own businesses. It’s about continuing our education within our industry and the business community as a whole. We need to stay up-to-date on industry trends, marketing, accounting, ect. When I have a chance to learn a new skill or attend a training I rarely turn it down. However I also set aside weekly if not daily time to learn. It’s become part of my routine as important as checking in on clients. My favorite online resource is called Mind Tools. I highly recommend you check it out!

Mind Tools
Helps you learn the practical, straightforward skills you need to excel in your career. Used together, these skills can help you become exceptionally effective, be a great manager and leader, be more successful in your career – and even become happier at work. We call these skills "mind tools," because that's what they are. We believe that anyone can learn and use these simple processes and techniques to make the very most of their careers.”

If I can encourage you to do one thing this week it’s to learn something new!

Best Wishes,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS